Appearance：white crystal or powder, odorless. Melting point 540 ℃ (decomposition);
Solubility：slightly soluble in water, insoluble in alcohol, soluble in nitric acid, the relative density of 4.52 (15 ℃,)
Characteristics and uses：
Zinc sulphate monohydrate is the white flowing powder,good dispersion,uniform particles,small size particles,soluble in water,easily absorbed,high zinc content,low heavy metals, the animal and plant ideal zinc supplements.It is widely used in feed,fertilizer,industry,water treatment,mineral processing and so on.
1. Zinc is a kind of essential trace mineral elements for the live beings,it is a component of many enzymes,proteins and RNA in animals,it is directly involved in protein,carbohydrate and lipid metabolism and promotes growth.It can play an important role in the process of sexual development and the generation of germ cells,so it is called “the spark of life”.
2. Agricultural grade zinc sulphate monohydrate is a common fertilizer to supplement trace element zinc for crops.It plays an important role in photosynthesis,respiration,nitrogen metabolism,hormone synthesis and plant growth.Zinc deficiency may lead to stunted growth,decreased resistance to diseases and insect pests.
3. In industry,zinc sulphate is the raw material for manufacture of lithopone and other zinc salt,is the important auxiliary material of viscose fiber and vinylon fiber.It is also used as a mordant dyeing,preservative wood and leather.
4. It is used to kill ciliates in aquaculture.
5. In circulating cooling water treatment,cooling water in closed cycle cooling system can not have corrosion and fouling for the metal,therefore the cooling water need be processed,this process is called the water quality stable.Zinc sulphate is used as water quality stabilizer.
6. Zinc sulphate is used in electroplating,flotation,emetic medicine and fungicide.Because the zinc sulphate has the convergence,it can effectively prevent the animal skin disease and improve the quality of fur,it is used as a bathing agent for animals in U.S.A.
Quality standard :
Zinc sulphate(as ZnSO4)%,≥
Zinc sulphate (as Zn)%, ≥
Fineness(pass 60um sieve) % , ≥
Packing: 25kg/ bag, lined with polyethylene film bag, outer packing is covered with film woven bag.
Storage: In cool & dry place. Keep away from strong light and heat.