Views:3 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2018-08-22 Origin:Site
1. Surface effect: the number of atoms on the surface of the particles of nano-sized zno is much more than that on the surface of non-nano-zno particles of the same mass. As the particle size decreases, the percentage of surface atoms increases exponentially. For example, when the particle size is reduced from 100 nanometers to 1 nanometer, the surface atom share increases from 20% to 99%. However, this characteristic does not exist in the micron scale. A sudden increase in the number of atoms on the surface leads to a severe shortage of atomic ligands, resulting in high surface energy and extremely active surface atoms. People use this property, using nano-zinc oxide as a catalyst, organic deodorant, and so on.
2. Huge difference in particle quantity: the difference in particle size between nano-zinc oxide and ordinary zinc oxide leads to equal quality of zinc oxide. The number of nano-sized particles will be hundreds or even thousands of times that of ordinary zinc oxide. The zinc oxide used in the feed is basically insoluble, so the zinc oxide in the large size zinc oxide particles will be completely wasted, only the surface zinc will play a role, compared to nanometer zinc oxide can provide significant surface zinc.
3. The production process of nanometer zinc oxide is different from that of common zinc oxide. The industrial production is usually wet precipitation production rather than mechanical grinding. At present, the wet method is used in industrialized production of nanometer zinc oxide.
4. Compared with common zinc oxide, nano-zinc oxide is easy to agglomerate due to its high activity, which makes it difficult to improve the dispersion when used in organic materials, such as rubber. However, when applied in feed, dispersity is not a problem, because its high activity and adsorption make it easy to adhere to other ingredients.
5. Zinc oxide is amphoteric zinc oxide, which can react with acid or alkali. The finer zinc oxide can improve its ability to react with other substances, such as acid in the feed, acidifier and other acidic substances. Therefore, it is better to conduct packet processing in the feed to prevent excessive transformation into zinc ions and affect the anti-diarrhea effect of zinc in the form of zinc oxide.